CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Internship for the realisation of a platform on sustainable development and critical thinking
2 positions (in Cotonou, Benin)
01.07.2021 - 31.12.2021
The digital networking and educational platform Place for Africa (PLACE), initiated by Meine Welt e.V., aims to be a laboratory for the analysis of current political, economic and socio-cultural challenges from an African perspective. PLACE offers actors from the world of politics, civil society, business and science a space for reflection and exchange. With the aim of launching a new narrative on Africa, PLACE has set out to highlight innovative knowledge, initiatives and ideas.
Started in 2020, PLACE For Africa has started its expansion phase since the beginning of this year with a team of about ten people in Benin, Cameroon and Germany.
The Place For Africa Initiative is looking for two interns to assist in the management and facilitation of a virtual platform for the promotion of African perspectives on sustainable development issues.
- Good receptivity to critical thinking
- Adaptability and open-mindedness
- Good general knowledge and interest in global interdependencies and political or social engagement
- Mastery and experience in the use of web 2.0 tools for online work, videoconferencing and online workshops
- Good written expression
- Good knowledge of institutional communication through social networks
- Knowledge of English (A2)
- If possible, mastery of website management
- Experience of working with associations would be an asset
- A background in social sciences, politics, engineering, technology or communication would be an asset (but not fundamental)
- Knowledge of video recording and editing would also be an asset.
What we expect from the interns
- Production of written and audiovisual content based on research on sustainable development initiatives, thinkers (African writers, philosophers and artists) and African entrepreneurs.
- Assisting in the management of PLACE’s social media accounts
- Organising online or face-to-face events on topics of interest to PLACE: sustainability critique, decolonisation, citizenship education etc.
- Preparation and moderation of interviews
- Various other research activities in the literature on relevant project topics.
Formal criteria :
- Age: 21 to 30 years old – exceptionally candidates over 30 and under 35 years old will be considered in the selection phase
- Availability and willingness to work full time in our office in Vèdoko (Cotonou)
- Availability to work some evenings or weekends if events require it
- Interest in global issues and political or social engagement
- Willingness to work in an international programme and availability for online sessions with partners and outside
- Desired field of study or professional training: Social sciences; Engineering and technology; Teaching, pedagogy and education; Project management.
- Compulsory language(s): French (B2), English (A2), further languages desired.
What we offer :
- A 6 month internship contract
- An allowance of 80.000 CFA per month
- Professional support for interviews, website management, social networks etc.
- English language training
- Several online training opportunities to improve knowledge on sustainable development and critical thinking
- Equipped office in Vèdoko, Cotonou/Benin
- Immersion in topics such as education, sustainable development, sustainable economy, development cooperation.
Submission of applications :
Applications are only received online. Please follow the link to fill in the application form and upload your CV and certificates (language, education, work experience…) by 21 June 2021 at 23:59. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Beyond all the criteria that can be listed, we are looking for creative and critical thinking personalities. We strongly encourage applications from women, people with professional or technical training, and people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- It should be noted that participants do not receive a salary for this internship. The amounts granted to participants in the framework of the internship are to be seen as allowances.
- A certificate of completion of the internship will be issued to participants.
The PLACE for Africa Team